Well, I’ve made it to Day 8, and I have to say that the Two Week Test is going better than I thought it would. Here’s a quick breakdown.
- It takes a considerable amount of time to prep food for each day.
- I’m getting a bit tired of eggs and salad.
- I’ve discovered that a side effect from the past few days is a constant dry mouth/thirsty feeling.
- I’ve found that cauliflower is an incredibly versatile vegetable.
- The constant hunger that I used to experience has vanished.
- I have more energy, especially during what used to be my “afternoon slump.”
In addition to sticking to the strict food guidelines, I’ve been tracking my training with a heart rate monitor. The first two days were actually fairly easy, and I was surprised to find that I seem to have a decent aerobic base already. Day three was a bit tougher, probably because my legs were a bit tired, but I was still able to stay in my range without a problem.
Saturday was another story, when I hit the trails for a long run. The flats were okay, and I cruised easily on the downhills, but whenever I hit the slightest uphill, I almost instantly went above my upper limit. This resulted in quite a bit of walking on even the smallest of slopes. A bit frustrating, but not at all surprising.
My favorite new recipes from the past week?
- Cauliflower rice for both kabobs and a tofu fried rice
- Herb crackers, which go great with guacamole
- Vegetarian lasagna with zucchini noodles
I’m off to try an almond flour pancake recipe, in the attempt to get a brief break from my usual omelet in the morning. So excited to be on the back end of this test!
Wednesday night’s Fajita Tofu Kabobs over Cauliflower Rice